• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ECI 33+ (3 Stage Cascade)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NoL

Just a show, still not home yet, nor able to work within the shop. But I hope to be soon. I'm past my expected project start date, but all I've really done is move some parts around the old workspace onto a single bench.

On a better note, I've hired up my helping hand Richard on permanent! Bit of a shot together, but mainly going to build units and test technologies at our own leisure. Not so much custom builds anymore, just really pushing the limits. If we do sell anything, it'll be fully tested and completed units with warranties, and custom cases from the base up.

So here's some autocad!

ECI 33+
Expected Project Start Date: Friday June 12th.
Expected Completion Date: Unknown
Part Acquisition: 80% Inventory, 20% To be Ordered

Estimated Temperature: ;) <-- Ha like I'd tell you that ;)

northeast.jpg

northwest.jpg

southeast.jpg

southwest.jpg

Now that is beautiful. Just how big is the footprint of this beast going to be?

We will see, I'm looking at 20" wide, 31" long without the frame. Height is a bit iffy to call, but sub 30" I bet. I'm trying to keep it compact, portable, and high performance. The ECI 35+ That is planned should boost it even further, aiming to have another 10-20 degree gain later.

Where do you manage to find those condensers w/ built in fan and shroud? I had to basically give up on phase project since they just simply do not exist in this part of the country. Scrounging an A/C for parts isn't always the best or even preferred method... :(

Along time ago, I had a custom order made for a large stock.
I still have sum, but not many. The very large condenser for this will either be ordered from a friend in europe, or a private source in China.

Little update.
Got home today, gotta start unpacking a huge amount of stuff from school. But, ran down stairs, and threw some crap on the table.
Hope you enjoy.

eci33parts2.jpg

We wanna see -120° loaded. That will be one loud beast, my single stage sounds like a 100 times over size engraving tool and it's a rotary.

Some fairly sloppy grinding and heavy red krylon paint later,

0622092009.jpg

A milling machine! Richard got it into the workshop on this dolley of his. I was scared watching this thing jump up and down with each step. (Had to underinflate the tires on the dolley to take 300lbs safely)

(And not that loud ;) )

Welding up a new work table, mainly for the project, but also for the milling machine.
Then we can start plotting the cage :)

0623091838.jpg

Autocad 2005. (I prefer it to the 2007-2008 era, so I might jump to 2010 though, heard its nice)

I hope to see you progress with this design... I will definitely be in the market for a great (-100+) cascade soon after my move back to Japan (was actually considering somehow rebuilding the SS you did for me awhile back...but as long as you are active I may seek you out).

Last edited:
Let me know, I still hate that damn mess we got in. F'in postal carriers.
Thus the move to solid steel frames as well.
They can't say "bad packing" when you've got 1" steel.

0626090014.jpg

Winch + ceiling beam = Mill on Table!
I'm happy it made it, table seems more then okay, but conducts vibration a bit much.
Going to get some more MDF under it, get it all bolted down. And then figure out why the spindle ain't spinnin!

Can you stash all the compressors and such in the basement and just run pressure lines to the desktop or somesuch? Probably cost a lot in hose, but you could use the comp in your house without listening to WW3 from the compressor.

Not sure who's systems you've been listening to, but many compressors are not insane tornado's, as well as tuning helps greatly. The flexible line to tolerate -150C is about $30 a ft, so running lines might get pricey quick.

Back