• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

bishops chiller

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dark bishop

so my dad has an old lab chiller that he said i could tinker with, ive been playing with the coolant in it and settled on a mostly antifreeze solution cause otherwise it freezes and the pump cant pump anymore. Its a Brinkmann Lauda mgw RC3 unit that is... i have no idea how many years old. with the chiller on it will reach -20*c, without the chiller it wont do anything because it has no normal cooling. therefor this will be more of a supplemental thing, something to switch on while if i want to start benching or it gets a little to hot to continue folding.

thats 1.4*F in the last picture, this thermometer doesnt do celcius >_< and while i was typing it got down to -0.9*F

Very nice. :) What kind of condensate protection are you planning for the mobo?

I have a drinking fountain chiller, pump & waterblock. I just need to find the time to insulate & play. This whole working for a living thing is a real drag. heheh

im finished my first year of college and im still looking for my first job XD

unfortunately i wont be able to cool everything with this cause i dont have the blocks and it takes... 1050w to power.

thats held on there by the ice.

im still experimenting and so far results are point to i need a LOT more antifreeze, the pump isnt what i would call efficient and the coolant is freezing in the lines.

ill check out your thread again, i think i finally got a good coolant mix, normally i have to get to near 0*F (god i wish i had a Celsius thermometer) to get ice, this mix iced the block over at 11*F.

This just kills me to see.. That **** poor insulation (please dont take offense!) job!

If you need insulation, I can get it, you just pay the cost of shipping. I can get Armaflex Armacell insulation for free (Im a mechanical insulator, we insulate the big chillers :) ) and Armaflex insulation tape. I can get as small as 5/8" ID and up to 4 1/8" if you are in need. Like I said, just cover the shipping cost :D

Great job, Im waiting to get myhands on an old refrigeration unit from a tearout at work.

its just extra stuff we had from putting in our central heating/cooling, i just sleeved it over the tubing cause i had it lying around.

and so far it doesnt look like ill be needing any extra insulation, it hit -20*C just like its says.

Just make sure you do the block +mobo properly, we dont want anything nasty happening.

good mobo insulation but u might wanna get something on the block, just to stop any drips from forming and falling on the GFX.

Back