• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Chassis Intruded!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

darknight150

Registered
I've been planning on giving away my older computer to a friend. I recently purchased a new Rosewill case to house the hardware, and made sure everything was plugged in and set to go. Upon booting up the computer, I received an error stating:

Chassis intruded!
CPU Fan Error!
Fatal Error...System Halted.

I've never encounter this error before, and have no idea how to deal with it. Any suggestions?

unplug the computer and remove the system battery for 2 min. If it continues to show consult your motherboard manual to make sure the jumper for this is set to disabled.

Yea, I just dug through the manual and ran across the section on jumpers. I double checked to ensure that they were on the right pins. I'll remove the system battery and post back with results. Thanks!

This happened to me on my p5b-e board i removed some sata cables around and it gave me that error pretty weird. Checked the jumpers they were fine, Still don't know what went wrong. though the bios reset worked.

Nice Avatar btw bud, though your user name and avatar don't match :(

I know it must be extremely easy, but how exactly do I go about removing the battery? The manual makes no reference to these steps.

You can use a small flathead screwdriver or your fingernail to gently depress the latch for the battery.

I know it must be extremely easy, but how exactly do I go about removing the battery? The manual makes no reference to these steps.

grab a small flat head screw driver, locate the little silver lever |*edit* silver latch sounds better thanks moto| that is holding the battery into place and push it back, then remove the battery. You can always just use the jumper reset feature on the board, i just usually find this to be easier, as least with me cuz i have big hands.

*edit* aww i shouldn't have said anything, i love 24 =P.

Your bios should have the chassis intrusion detection control in one of the advanced sections depending on your setup prog.. just set to disable unless you want to know if someone is messing around inside while you are out.

Removing the batt isn't really nessesary IMHO...you could just leave the clear jumber in the clear posistion for a few min or so

Back