• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASUS Maximus Formula

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

vivek

I have an ASUS Maximus Formula X38 and I want to raise the fsb to 1600mhz. Is this possible? How much voltage should I give the northbridge? Should I change the gtl ref for cpu and nb, fsb termination and other stuff? Also, what is AI clock twister? Should I set it to light, mdeium, or strong? I am really new to this and would appreciate some help. Thanks.

Raising the FSB to that speed won't be any trouble with that board, provided your CPU can handle it. That board can do 1600mhz FSB at stock settings.

I have a q6600...only con about it is its high vid of 1.325. But I have it running at 333x9 or 3ghz at 1.256 after vdroop. I am running 4gb pc6400

I'm running a 65nm quad too, this board loves them. Try setting your FSB to 400 in the BIOS, set your RAM to 1:1, it will probably work at 400 with your voltages as they are set right now.

That's what my NB voltage reads with the setting on auto.

That's what my NB voltage reads with the setting on auto.
lol 1.65v is fine for our boards.
but i sent my settings to my friend, and his Gigabyte blew on him.
for 400mhz you need about 1.34v from my experience.

i think you'll find the most trouble getting your Q6600 stable at 3.6ghz, like benbaked said lol.

EDIT: also, did you know you can flash your board to a Rampage Formula?
i did it to me P5E X38 board.

Yeah, 400x7 or maybe 400x8 should work at his currently selected vcore, but with a higher VID like that 400x9 might be tougher. :)

Yeah, 400x7 or maybe 400x8 should work at his currently selected vcore, but with a higher VID like that 400x9 might be tougher. :)
mmmm
damnit, my e6400 can't get to 3.6ghz stable.
i've treid everything up to 1.5v vcore.
damn high VID :banghead:

You guys were right..It can handle 400x8, but I have to feed it 1.4 volts to get it stable at 3.6. Thats kinda dangerousish.... Right now I'm at 400x8 at 1.32 volts. 1.29 something after vdroop.

Back