• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

This is why I keep buying Logitech!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Adragontattoo

Trailer Chasing Senior
:clap:http://reviews.cnet.com/keyboards/cordless-desktop-lx-700/4505-3134_7-30992905.html

5 years old.

I bought a LX-700 Cordless desktop a LONG time ago (probably prior to 2004 tbh.

Well in building the HTPC I yanked this out of the box it was living in and hooked it up.

HMM KB no worky.

Mouse works!

Install new batteries, ok SOME buttons work but no QWERTY.

Tonight I decide to quite possibly waste both mine and Logitechs time by trying to figure out the issue.

After getting put to the wrong dept. I get transfered over and get an extremely helpful guy who laughs and says well it isnt THAT old, lets see what we can do.

10 minutes later, I am typing this on the Keyboard that didnt work previously.

Logitech will help you even on old outdated and frankly obsolete HW with no charges, no complaints and without an issue.

Lets not even get into the fact that a 5 year old battery that sat discharged for 3? years works without complaint.

I know, they're quality. I have logitech wireless mouse and keyboard and Z4 speakers.
The speakers deserve special praise because, although i'm no audiophile, they sound amazing and cost £50 ($80). My brother recently decided to try a bit of one up man ship and bought a £300 5.1 system for his pc. We can't hear a difference between them except at noise complaint level volume (which is irrelevant since nobody actually enjoys the 'pain level' experience anyway).

All because of his snobbery against 'cheap' speakers.

I love logitech. I usually end up breaking their mice because I use them so much, and they have sent me brand new ones as replacements with no arguments, and free shipping. If they don't stock my antiquated model, they'll send me the current equivalent model. It's honestly one of my favorite companies to deal with.

I purchased one of their slim backlit keyboards and fell in love with it so much, that I bought a spare for later on down the road.

I still use a logitech MX300 mouse and it's great! My only beef with it is that the recessed lens is a cat hair magnet. I was pleasantly surprised at the time to find out it was actually an 800 dpi mouse. Still glides well and is great for gaming.

Yep, I still have a MX510 and it works fine. The only minor complaint I have with Logitech is that they say that this mouse only works with a certain Mouseware iteration even though everything runs perfectly with Setpoint.

I still use a logitech MX300 mouse and it's great! My only beef with it is that the recessed lens is a cat hair magnet. I was pleasantly surprised at the time to find out it was actually an 800 dpi mouse. Still glides well and is great for gaming.

Same issue with my mx310, love it otherwise. Once in a while a hair gets up in there and the cursor starts acting wonky.

Definitely the best equipment IMO. I have a logitech k/b and mouse set at home, both me and my gf have one in our offices and I've just bought one for my brothers birthday.

I have been a Logitech fan ever since my first Mouseman + 3 button mouse back in 1995 and have been using Logitech mice and keyboards exclusively ever since. And their support is great. I have worn out the left mouse button on two G7 mice so far and they send a new replacement with no hassle each time. Great folks over there!

I've had a mouse last about 5-6 years for me before it became defective. It still works, but the left mouse button only clicks when pressing in certain spots. I expect my G15 to last me quite some time. I got some Logitech speakers, the power button is kinda screwy. I think there's a loose connection on the button that can easily be fixed.. Overall I'm quite satisfied with them. :)

5 years? Ha! We've got a Keytronic at home that's got to be at least 10-12 years old, never had a problem with it. And those are 10-12 years of heavy use, too.

Impressive service from Logitech nonetheless, glad to hear they helped you get it working. I'll have to try this with Keytronic customer service when our Keytronic stops working.

I have several Logitech parts around. I have never had a problem with a single one. Between the 2 wireless desktop sets, an optical mouse that is almost 6 years old and still running like new, the keyboard for the PS3, and a wired headset for the PS2 which I mostly use for Skype these days. I have never had an issue with a single part from them, and I don't have a reason to suspect that one will arise. The only thing I have had issues with is the battery life on an older cordless mouse. Everytime I had been running with the mouse with SetPoint in Vista and MouseWare in XP (drivers seemed a little odd on that one) the batteries only lasted a few weeks. Without any of the software from Logitech I could get a couple months. I now have an LX7 laser mouse and the battery life has been amazing. It ran from November until just a few days ago on the same pair of AA batteries, and I have never had to replace them in one of their wireless keyboards.

Logitech Number 1!

Well. the last 23 keyboards I have purchased have been Logitech. They have great products. They don't soak you for them, and their customer support is pretty much the best there is. I'm typing on my new Wave wireless right now. :)

Back