• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

new ebay type site!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Former greek overclocking champion Unseen has launched an auction site for overclockers and pc enthousiast: ocbay.net. No fees, no hassle, just an excellent place to get rid of your home made cpu pots, or to scout for some cheap watercooling components. We applaud initiatives by overclockers for overclockers, without the primary objective being to earn money, but to dedicate to the ever growing overclocking community!

Dear overclockers,gamers,power users,enthusiasts,

This auction website is dedicated to all of us. We love computers,we love technology, we have passion with speed.
The need for an auction site to sell and buy hardware,software and tools for our lovely hobby is obvious. I bet
that every hardware junkie these days is having problem to find good hardware in good prices. How many times have you
searched for a pretested vga? For a cpu capable of doing high frequency? How many times have you tried to sell
something unsuccefully because users in other auction sites don’t even understand what cas latency is?

We are different because our members are experts and because we are charging ZERO FEES(0). Yes zero!
The only thing you have to do is register and hit!

Hope to see you all.
Chris(aka Unseen)
www.ocbay.net

http://ocbay.net/

I hope so too, but it looks like it's been there since february and it is still extremely sparse. :(

I just hope the guys running take as much care and make as much effort as the classified mods do here.

The classifieds guys here put in more work than I could commit to, ensuring that is safe as it can be. credit where it is due imho

Interesting user agreement, I don't even know where the place I have to go for a dispute is... lol
Laws.
These Terms of Service shall be governed by and constructed in accordance with the laws of Hellenic Republic and any disputes will be decided only by the Courts of Hellenic Republic.

Hi all :)

Thanks for the thread! I am Chris - Unseen the owner of ocbay and its nice to be here.
If you can see the thread in xs try this one http://hwbot.org/hwbot.post.do?postId=1040

The reason I made this auction site is for helping the community.The idea came few months ago when i wanted to buy new stuff for bench and i had to search in many forums.I thought that it would be nice to find everything in one place. It is not in my plans to charge users, because oc is my hobby and running a site that helps oc community makes me feel happier. Thats it. No fees.
After all i already had a server+hosting pack.

Soooo... please share with me your ideas for improvement and if you have stuff for listing go ahead! It is the only way to see this thing growing.

@kevlar93 ~70% of the registered users are from US so far.
@UnseenMenace Mate Hellas is veryyy old country :p

See you around!
Chris

Last edited:
As others have expressed:

How are you handling security?
How are you handling feedback?

I'm not at work, so if those are covered, sorry.

As others have expressed:

How are you handling security?
How are you handling feedback?

I'm not at work, so if those are covered, sorry.

Hi mate,

What i have done so far is:

-I added those fields in registration process. It is good to get an idea of who is the seller.
heatx.jpg

-Then i installed a script/mod so that the user can import his feedback from other auction sites (ebay,amazon etc)
feedh.jpg

-Paypal gateway offers protection.
https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=xpt/Marketing/securitycenter/buy/Protection-outside

And this is a screenshot of my reputation, just to give you an idea.
feed1.jpg

If you have anything to suggest i am open!

That answered one of my questions ;)

Also, the links in your sig are against the rules, you need to remove them.

Hi again,

Hmm what exactly is the other question?
If it is about more security , i am working on a ssl certification. I bought a shared one and i have to make a few more tests because it is not working as i thought :( You see I am not a professional web developer. I am overclocker! :D

Security money and item wise. What are you going to do if/when someone pays the seller and they don't ship the item?

Again, you didn't answer my question.

What are you going to do if/when someone pays the seller and they don't ship the item?

Would you mind sharing how you will deal with it? Just being given "tips" for traders is not very good incentive to use your site. The moderators here will hunt high and low if someone gets ripped off, even as far as going to local police forces and adding people to the troll list. They do an absolutely amazing job and I feel safer here than on any other website.

Back