• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can anyone reccomend a motherboard for me?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tinymouse2

Ok so i'm going to be getting a q9550 and a 260 gtx 216 "core" edition. Keeping my 4 gigs of ddr2 ram.

I was thinking about the XFX 780i from ebuyer for 110 quid because I thought this is to good to be true. Reading into it quite a few people had problems with it so now i'm not sure.

My budget is 120 quid and I would like it to support SLI 2x for a possible physx card or a second 260 in the future. I also need 2 pci slots (3 prefered) for a sound card, tv card and a wireless internet card. With the 780i I wouldn't be able to do this obviously but would probably use the in-built sound chip thing.

So yeh
Can anyone reccomend a nice card that is easy to overclock with (q9550 say up to 3.6ghz) with SLI and is < £120 and also is standerd ATX (not extended)

Thanks
D

I would go with an EVGA 780FTW or Asus.

If you didnt buyed anything yet, why not going for an I7+P6T or Gigagyte X58 extrem or something ? I7 seems to scale very well with SLI. I know it can be a lil over your budget but way better futurproof new build ....

I would go for an i7 if I had enough money...
I'm trying to create a cheap high spec gaming computer. 700 is my max budget but I would prefer it to be down at about 650.
With a 100 quid mobo it's 675 squids.
I'm off to uni soon hence the wish to keep it cheap. I'm going for budget high performance parts.

Get something similar to my build but with a GTX260 or GTX275 and maybe an E8400 can do it for you if your only gaming you dont really need a quad in a budget build.

Here my price in CAD tha ive paid when i buyed it.

Intel Q9550 : 300$
Asus P5Q : 130$
4gb Gskils Pi-Black : 60$
BFG GTX285 OC2 : 400$
PC P&C 750w : 130$
RC690 case : 70$ Total : 1090$

If you check the current price (US) for my computer NOW it can be 800$ but you dont have HDD,DVD and cooling.

Ill tell you NOT to go SLI, get a P45 chipset ( asus or gigabyte ) and a Q9550 or E8400 paired with a GTX275-285 or HD4890. The P45 can get your Q in the 4ghz and the E in the 4.5ghz with good air cooling. If you ABSOLUTELLY want SLI ... youll need to pay more than 100$ for a MOBO.

Back