• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Laptop suggestions?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sportwarrior

Alright, so I'm kind of in need of a laptop. I've been recovering from ACL surgery and am unable to access my desktop for a while, so I'm going to need something fairly powerful... Something with a decent processor, a 7200 rpm HD, a decent video card, and preferably a nice screen... 15.6 would be optimal.

Now I was extremely close to pulling the trigger on a Vostro 1520, but the 46% off coupon somehow expired about 45 min before it was supposed to (as far as I know there wasn't any usage limits on it). So now I'm kind of stuck without options and am looking for some suggestions. I'm working with a budget between $600 and $900. I'll be using this for browsing, writing, some gaming, and quite a bit of media/video/photo editing/creation.

There's an HP at Costco that'll be going on sale via coupon in about a week, but the processor is a bit light (T6600) and the 16" monitor doesn't feature the resolution I'd like (at least 900p).

There's a Dell Studio 1555 on Dell Outlet that I rather like, but again the processor is only a T6600. I suppose that's good enough, but I was hoping for at least a p8600, which is what that Vostro 1520 speced out with.

There's also an Acer available on the Best Buy website, but the cpu is a little underpowered, the GPU overpowered, and overall just a little too flashy for what I'd like to tout around.

I'm rather partial to HPs, but haven't really been able to find a good deal. Does anyone have any suggestions or good leads? Thanks.

Back