• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The BSOD loop RETURNS! Asus Maximus

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jmgonza6

Registered
SOO I just received my 2nd Asus Maximus Formula 2 board from the egg. I had a post of the nightmare I encountered with the other. This one starts out nice, boots right up to Windows DVD. I get all the way through the install up to the first restart & bam, a big friendly BSOD! It flashes on rather quickly, but I think it said something about IRQ not equal? This is a brand new SATA HDD, no other drives installed. I reformated the drive several times, ran windows repair etc. and I can't get it to do anything!:temper: I am dying because I have school work to finish and this is my only comp... I officially hate Asus... What should I try next? Is it possible it is my ram? What the hell am I doing wrong!?! :screwy: I have built many systems before. I traded this set-up for my perfectly working AM2 set-up. My rig is as follows:

Q9650, zerotherm CPU cooler
Corsair TX650
Asus Maximus Formula 2
Mushkin DDR2-1066 (4GB)
EVGA GTX 260 C216
500GB SATA HDD
Sony IDE Optical drive
Windows Vista Home Basic, 32bit

No. After searching this morning, I found I ought to switch over to the white DIMM slots. I also noticed my reccomended DRAM volts are 2-2.1 and according to my BIOS last night, it was running at 1.817. It was also only showing DDR2-800 in the BIOS. I passed off both inconsistancies as minor details. When I get home I will try the one stick deal, and will also up the volts. By the way in the BIOS it showed my cpu volts at 1.1 or so. Shouldn't they be around 1.24-1.26? Thanks again. Any other ideas out there? I really want to get this thing settled tonight! Cheers!

Joe

I am FED UP

So after 3 painful hours, I have gotten rid of the BSOD, didnt do anything, it just stopped. But I have since replaced that problem with a new more annoying one... Now when I "attempt" to boot my computer it gives me an error saying " windows\system32\drivers\ntfs.sys corrupt or missing, please put in your windows DVD". I have done so, done the repairs, and no dice:temper: Can this all be memory related? I have tried switching them around and that only produces more shaky behaviour. What is a good set of RAM which is known to be compatible with this foresaken board!:mad: Sorry for the keyboard tough guy, its just that after all that money and all those hours, one would think they'd have a bad *** computer. EHHHH! Thanks in advance everyone. I don"t wish this on my worst enemy...

Joe

Back