• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

iPhone 3G S

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BioTuned

I've been waiting for this freaking phone to come out ever since i got a whiff of it coming. Yes, iPhone 3G is great. Who here is picking one up tomorrow?

Heres a camera comparison from my K810i. Its not bad, but my old K810i has a much better quality camera. Both are 3.2MP

iphone%20comp.JPG

k810i%20comp.JPG

You can see the difference a quality lense makes.

I agree, apple doesn't have great camera. Compared to my Nokia N95 and N96, that i've used before, they are like like a little toy. But i don't use the camera on the phone.

AT&T kills it for me, no 3G in my area and their plans are to high. I am a Sprint lover so I'll likely never get one as I imagine Verizon will be next in line if AT&T ever gives it up.

Is there going to be an iPod Touch "s" with a faster CPU? Just curious as I might be in the market for an iPod Touch in the near future...

:cool:

Yeah guys. If you are looking for a portable media player within the next couple of months I would definitely consider the Zune HD. The tegra (which will be powering the Zune) is prob one of the single most important technological breakthroughs of our time in regards to PDA/MINI devices. Triple the performance of the atom, and 5X the battery life. These next 12 months are going to be very interesting for the PDA/MINI market and TEGRA is going to be the spark that ignites the flame.

PS- Back on topic. I ordered up an Iphone 3GS and plan on using it until the HTC Touch Pro 2 comes out. I already started an article for my NLH website titled: Iphone 3GS vs. HTC Touch Pro. You guys/gals will be the first to see a direct comparison of network and GUI performance between the two phones. I plan on putting the 3GS and Touch pro through rigorous testing for my article using the AT&T network.

Dom

Yeah guys. If you are looking for a portable media player within the next couple of months I would definitely consider the Zune HD. The tegra (which will be powering the Zune) is prob one of the single most important technological breakthroughs of our time in regards to PDA/MINI devices. Triple the performance of the atom, and 5X the battery life. These next 12 months are going to be very interesting for the PDA/MINI market and TEGRA is going to be the spark that ignites the flame.

PS- Back on topic. I ordered up an Iphone 3GS and plan on using it until the HTC Touch Pro 2 comes out. I already started an article for my NLH website titled: Iphone 3GS vs. HTC Touch Pro. You guys/gals will be the first to see a direct comparison of network and GUI performance between the two phones. I plan on putting the 3GS and Touch pro through rigorous testing for my article using the AT&T network.

Dom

:eek::eek: i didnt know the new zune was going to use the tegra!!:drool::drool: wow looks like its going to be an amazing piece of hardware... as for your testing with the tp2 and tp i thought the tp and the tp2 are going to use the same hardware just a nicer case... why dont you compare the 3gs against the tp??

:eek::eek: i didnt know the new zune was going to use the tegra!!:drool::drool: wow looks like its going to be an amazing piece of hardware... as for your testing with the tp2 and tp i thought the tp and the tp2 are going to use the same hardware just a nicer case... why dont you compare the 3gs against the tp??

lol. Re-read what I said. I will be testing the "Touch Pro 1 vs. the 3GS". This will be published prob by the end of this week, as soon as apple sends me the new 3GS! i cant wait to get this published!

Dom

AH ic haha its like if you were trying to trick me there :p

I was gonna say, you live in Texas. Otherwise we couldve done testing with the Pre also. Now youre going to make me find one of my friends with a Pre to test all three of the phones. lol :D

you should man it will be the ultimate show down... and if you have a regular 3g that would be great to so we can see if there is a significant difference between the 3g and 3gs

btw where u stay at?

I have my 3GS pre-ordered and it is still "in-transit" to the AT&T store. Hopefully will have it this week.

Super pumped for more battery life.

Is there going to be an iPod Touch "s" with a faster CPU? Just curious as I might be in the market for an iPod Touch in the near future...

:cool:

I believe the iPhone 3Gs uses the same speed and type processor that the 2nd gen iPod Touch (released last year) uses.

edit: nevermind, apparently the cpu in the 2nd gen ipod touch is underclocked to 533 mhz, making the 3Gs faster still. link

The rumors are that Apple will be giving the iPhone a multi-core ARM processor next year, I wouldn't be surprised if such a cpu appears in the next iPod Touch first.

Back