• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How can i overclock my Dell precision 390 i975x

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kit23

Hi Guys, I have a 1 year old Dell Precision 390,C2D,i975x,2gig ddr2 6400(400mhz)/ I want to overclock it. Is it possible? Thanks

Hi,

My experience of pc's from suppliers like Dell, Packard Bell etc is that they remove all the potential to overclock in the bios.

Maybe buy a new motherboard is the answer.

Bagpus

we all had to start somwhere.

pull the side cover off the case and get the name/model number of the mainboard. google this name and see if you can find anyone else who has overclocked it. if not, then download the program called "clockgen" and you can probably overclock it by using that piece of software.
i have had good luck using clockgen on oem systems.

Thanks guys..I tried setfsb and clockgen..both didn't work. Any other ideas?

It might help us to know what clock generator your board uses. Post either the model number of the board, or the part number of the clock generator. The 975X for the most part uses either a ICS954108CFLF or ICS954519BGLF clock generator. Did you try all of the clock generators in SetFSB?

pad mod would be the only way on oem pc's. well the more stable way and goes by intel native fsb's listed in the white papers.

Back