• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New motherboard Help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Critical_level2

Registered
I am planning to get a Gigabyte GA-EP43-UD3L mobo to use with a E6400 Conroe I have laying around. I am not looking to spend a lot on a new board, as money is tight and in a couple years I plan to replace it with a quad system. I have found a local store (microcenter) that has this board for $77.99 Plus a $10 mir, making it around $68. I just found out at work I have access to an E8400 Wolfdale. Would the E8400 work well with this board or should I just stick with the E6400? I also plan to OC and heard the E8400 can Oc to better speeds.

If you can get the E8400, I would go for it. It should run great in that board. I have the UD3LR (I'm pretty sure the only difference is RAID) and it's been holding my Q6600 at 333x9 with no problems. The E8400 should be able to clock higher too.

Back