• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HTC Mogul Pocket PC questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dusnoetos

I saw one of these on Cragslist for $50 and is considering buying.

I am having trouble finding any real info about the device....

the seller clams that it can not be used as a phone so it makes me wonder if it is like a Itouch.

I know that it has WiFi so my biggest question is. can this access the the Internet??

All I want is a simple device (not a phone) that can brows the web, check and write email's and maybe watch on-line video??? ( that is smaller than my Thinkpad. )

Does any one know if it can do any of that. Or would this be a waist of my money?

It is a phone. Since the seller says it can't be used as a phone either:

A. He doesn't know what he is talking about
B. The cellular radio is broken
C. It has a dirty ESN and cannot be activated

You should be able to use the internet just fine over wifi without it being activated as a phone. Overall it was a good device but suffered from to little memory which caused performance issues with a few apps running. I would find out why he thinks it cannot be activated before buying.

Watching online video is a bit harder on these devices as flash is not supported well. The best way to do it is using the Skyfire browser.

Have you looked at the Nokia Internet Tablets? Sounds like they may be just what you are looking for. You can find them on ebay for $100-$150.

It is a phone. Since the seller says it can't be used as a phone either:

A. He doesn't know what he is talking about
B. The cellular radio is broken
C. It has a dirty ESN and cannot be activated

The phone was used on the Qwest/sprint network that will be shutdown later this year.
Getting it switched to a different network may be possible. The seller just was not sure if it can be switched.

As for me I am not overly concerned about the phone part.(I may see if Verizon can activate it :confused:) If it can handle simple web browsing I will be content.

I have decided to buy...
(hope this does not bite me in the butt...)

It will work fine for basic web browsing. It will be a bit slow but as long as you have realistic expectations it should suite you well.

well I got the little pocket PC. typing this message from it. neet little thing.

tomorrow I will see about activating the phone part

have to read up on how to use all the features .

Back