• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which 780i board is better?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tinymouse2

The ASUS Striker II Formula? or the XFX 780i?

They both have the nForce chipset and as far as I can tell there basicly the same thing except the fact that the ASUS is slightly cheaper.

I'm going to put a q9550 (at stock) along with a gtx 260 216 "core"
The ram i'm going to be using is ddr2 at 333mhz (so 667mhz)

Which board should I go with? And please can no-one reccomend any other motherboards because I just want to know which one of these two

Dave.

Hiya,

I am new to all this OC stuff... but the geek/game player in me is really enjoying it.

I have an XFX 780i SLI board and I have been able to OC my system nicely.

I have a 2.4gHz stock Q6600 that I am OC'ing at 3.2gHz

I am using OCZ PC - 6400 sli ready memory that I am running at 800 mHz and 4-4-4-12 timings!

Running my FSB at 400 Mhz with an 8x multiplier on the CPU. Therefore I am running my RAM synchronously at 1:1. Which I am told is optimum set up.

I don't know if its true of the ASUS board but one of the things I like in the XFX boards bios is the ability to "unlink" the FSB and DRAM frequencies and set your own for each and the bios works out any devider required.

Bagpus

Back