• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Maximus Extreme Memory OC issue

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GreenJelly

Conroe X6800
DDR3 Corsair 1800mhz 4 Gigs in 4 slots
Asus Maximus Extreme

Set to 8 multiplier and FSB 410 vCore 1.45 Memory v2.0

CPUz Rated FSB 1640.2 MHZ with Memory Speeds of 820Mhz?
All water cooled around 100f water temps under load, passes memtest and long sessions of prime95
The water cooling is the Monster Setting. Just changed My MB and Video card (went with a GeForce 8800gt)

Why is my Memory Running so Slow? There is allot of bios settings that I dont know, everything is set to Auto, and the strap seems to set the memory to 1640Mhz. Yet CPUz says the Memory is running at 820MHz? What can I do to fix this? I cant seem to get this chip to run much faster then 3280Mhz (I can bump FSB up by 5-10Mhz). I probably can push this further if I knew how to manually set all of the voltages in the bios, but there is about a million and 2 settings in there!

Any help? You guys kick ***!

Last edited:
The DRAM Frequency shown in CPU-Z is 1/2 the effective frequency of 1640 MHz, which results in 820 MHz. At an FSB of 410 MHz, running a 1:2 divider / FSB : DRAM ratio (FSB Strap to Northbridge of 200/800), the effective DRAM Freq. is DDR3-1640 MHz. In this screenshot the effective DRAM Freq. is 1148 MHz, double the value shown in the DRAM Freq. field of CPU-Z.

Attachments

• CPU-Z.jpg
    CPU-Z.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
Back