• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

shutting down the system when cpu fan fails

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dhc0329

Registered
I have the ASUS P5Q-EM and can you recommend a software which monitors the CPU fan speed and automatically shut down the system if the cpu fan fails to work?

I'm pretty sure the BIOS can do what you want. Usually it's located in the PC Health section.
You can have it shut down on CPU fan fail and/or high CPU temp.

My system is currently at remote location running 24/7. I can monitor it occassionally using gotomypc but most of the time system's running by itself.

I had an incident where the failed cpu fan had burned my cpu and ecs motherboard last time.

That was the reason why I want to install software to let the system shutdown automatically when the cpu fan fails to work. My cpu fan's currently working fine but it's more like a prevntive measure.

I'm pretty sure the BIOS can do what you want. Usually it's located in the PC Health section.
You can have it shut down on CPU fan fail and/or high CPU temp.

My P5Q-EM bios does seem to have "Hardware Monitor" which monitors the CPU fan speed but didn't see an option to configure the shutdown.

Last edited:
Back