• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Changing FSB on HP DV1000 series?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TOD1

Hi,

I have a DV1000 series with the following spec:
CPU: 1.6 GHz Pentium M 725 (Dothan)
MB: Quanta 09B8
Chipset: Intel 855 (100 MHz)

I've been searching through many websites/forums to find a way to increase the standard FSB of 100 MHz and came across this old thread here.

fldrice was able to do it (see his screenshots), but didn't mention how he was able to achieve this. AFAIK nothing can be changed in the BIOS, and you can't do a pinmod on the 855. Is there anyone out there that has an idea how it can be done? :confused: Also, is there a way to change the FSB:RAM ratio? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

Thanks for your reply zbo.
setFSB does work (once I figured out which clock generator to use) and I've been trialing it the past few days, slightly increasing the FSB to find the maximum stable value that I can use without overheating the laptop. So far I'm at 114.9 which OCs the CPU from 1.6 to 1.84 GHz.

The only slight inconvenience with setFSB is that everytime you reboot, you need to run it to change the FSB. I know its only a small price to pay, but if there is better alternative, I would like to know ... a BIOS crack perhaps? :shrug: But I'd imagine its not advisable to go down that route?

Back