• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help with Mobo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RAWBERRY

I'm building a new i7 rig and am having a hard time deciding on a mobo for it. Any of you guys out there care to share ur recommendations? I'm looking to do a little OCing and must be SLI enabled. And of course a good cost effective board would be great I'm not looking to spend gobs o money but a good bit. Thanks!:burn:

I'm not sure Intel chipset boards will do SLI...you will probably be limited to an Nforce board (invidia based chipset) to get SLI...try a search on the egg for "SLI" and see what comes up. You could also try Pricewatch, but I think SLI might be a little vague for their search engine, but it might work. :)

Edit: I looked at newegg and they show a few sli boards with either nforce chipsets or intel X58 chipsets..dunno if the x48 will do SLI...that you will have to research yourself

Last edited:
With X58, SLI is no longer constrained to nVidia chipsets. Most X58 boards will do SLI.

Gigabyte makes very good boards, and as long as you don't want 12GB of memory, you can nab the UD3R for $200. Stepping up to the UD4P will give you the full 6 memory slots and a bit more to work with in terms of expansion slots.

EVGA's latest board, the 141-BL-E757-TR is also an excellent performer with some killer looks, and reasonably priced to boot.

I'm using ASUS's P6T Deluxe V2, and I've been liking it a lot. It's easy to overclock and has been rock solid stable for me. Of the boards I mentioned, it's also the only one that gives you extra room between the first two PCI-E x16 slots. This means that if you're going SLI with two double-wide cards, they won't be sandwiched so close together that the top card has trouble sucking in enough air to stay cool.

There's a number of other boards, like those from Foxconn or MSI, that are on the lower end of the price spectrum, but I have no idea how they stack up.

It seems that all the x58 mobos can take a D0 chip over 4GHz quite easily... some easier than others... iv read that the Foxconn mobos (especially the cheaper ones) require a bit more time and tinkering....

That cheap Gigabyte UD3R is supposed to be very good, especially for the price... just find a good review site and start doing a lot of reading!! Thats what im doing...

:D

p6t delux v2

ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 LGA 1366 Intel X58
I think this is a great board, support for NVIDIA SLI and ATICrossFireX,Three PCI-Express 2.0 x16 i like the turbo v realtime tuner and ai tweak

Back