• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CPU inteligent overclocker? any use?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DocClock aka MadClocker

I was parusing my manual and never payed much attention (till now)to the C.I.A.2
aka cpu inteligent overclocker..it has quite a few settings for dynamicaly overclocking the cpu under load...from light cruise +5% to full throttle +19%.
Ok, being comfortable with bios settings I never payed any attention, but now I'm curious if anybody here has tried it, and is it any good?
I realise that if you run it at full throttle, there might be a stability issue, so some experimenting would be in order.
The reason I posted this here is I do not know if it is a gigabyte mobo exclusive, Intel, or if all modern enthusiast mobo's have this feature.
IF a cpu is stable overclocked, then it would be "green" to clock it back down and turn on the C.I.A.2 and set it for turbo or full throttle as it would run normally until the extra power is needed for gaming or cad...right?
Ok I realise that 19% o'c isn't that much but what the hey...it's automatic....no user input.
So id this a good idea if you don't expect too much but don't want your games to slow down?
Thanks everybody,
Doc
P.S. I probably won't use C.I.A.2......I'm just curious if it works and who uses it.

Most of the built in overclocking utilities will overvolt the CPU more than what is need "just to be safe" in case one is a bad overclocker. It may also up other voltages where it isn't needed, causing extra stress, heat output and energy consumption.

Bottom line: Do it yourself.

I turned on the AMD version briefly on my dad's asus AM3 board (810 PII). It promptly locked the computer up solid.

Rebooted and uninstalled it.

All software overclocking utilities work crappy at best. Your better off setting an unstable setting in bios and crossing your fingers.

I have never used one of these type of utilities. I have always considered it safer to do it myself, where I have better control of my voltages. I would be extremely angry if I put a brand new CPU into a board and had one of those programs over volt it to death. I think it wanted to pump 1.45 volts into my Q6600 to hit 3.2 on a chip with a VID of 1.3. I was only playing around with it when I first got the board, and wanted to see what it was all about. Before it even finished rebooting, I hit delete to check the settings and :eek:, I reset the voltage and went back to 333x9 and uninstalled it the minute I got back into Windows. I have done enough reading to know that it should be able to hit 3.2 (400x8) at stock voltage, and maybe even undervolted. If I can get the clocks I want with stock voltage or less, why would I want to let a program over volt it? :beer:

No one here better be using it :mad:

*grabs a ruler*

I hope most of us here know better than that. Besides, where is the satisfaction in overclocking with a few clicks? I have always thought the most fun in OC'ing was working up to a speed you want and then trouble shooting any instabilities you find. Like finding your CPU was stable, but your RAM is erroring out, and trying to then find that sweet spot for your memory.

Last edited:
I turned on the AMD version briefly on my dad's asus AM3 board (810 PII). It promptly locked the computer up solid.

Rebooted and uninstalled it.

I used something similar with an Abit board back in the day. Soons I fired up the proggy, it put the board in a choke hold and wouldn't let go either.

Back