• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The Never-ending story of Corsair Rebates

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rainless

Old Member
Oh Corsair!

I had heard tons of stories about how bad Corsair's tech support was and how horrible they were at rebates.

But I'd never experienced any of that before because Corsair stuff usually... well... just worked.

Well I finally sent off for a Corsair rebate and THAT hasn't been working so well...

The rebate is on a power supply I bought way back in october. I also got my brakes changed around then and was offered the exact same-priced rebate. THAT arrivaed about two months ago. Still no word from Corsair.

You been around long enough to know, rebates are always hit and miss even when its a good company :)

It's just the anti-rainless world conspiracy. I never had problems with Corsair rebates. There should be contact information have you tried that yet?

It's just the anti-rainless world conspiracy. I never had problems with Corsair rebates. There should be contact information have you tried that yet?

Of course not. Last time I had to call Corsair about a rebate, they had a rep on the phone in about 2 minutes, and a check in my hand in 3 days.

I had something similiar happen with an RMA. They said they never received it, but tracking said they did. Sent out a new set next day.

I am sure if you called it would work out.

Instead of your usual complain-fest you adore :p

Corsair sucks when it comes to rebates. I did eventually get mine but wow what a wait. My PSU rebate is due in 2 weeks now also and my status still says "processing" so I can see it will be late yet again. Corsair doesn't give a s**t - they already have your money.

I don't really blame Corsair in this situation as the rebate house is responsible for processing. Judging from complaints with various companies, it looks like all rebate houses are the same; they either go extremely slow, or they disqualify you based on some BS technicality. At least Corsair has good support, so if the rebate house happens to screw you, their support will intervene on your behalf and make things right.

Back