• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

sata 3? when?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
oooh that would be pretty awesome. they aren't gonna wait for pci e 3 and usb 3 to release at the same time?

oooh that would be pretty awesome. they aren't gonna wait for pci e 3 and usb 3 to release at the same time?

There are boards that will come with USB3 and SATA 3, but I'm not sure about PCI-E 3. Asus and Gigabyte already announced their stuffs for mid July release to the market, but so far haven't read about other manufacterers yet. They may have things up their sleeves that we are not informed about.

ohh yea so awsome, then you get to sit and wait while the other end of things are trying to catch up to even use half of the additional speed

i keep my rig for years anyway. by the time i'm done I will most certainly will be maxing out the additional speed.

If SATA3 becomes good enough to use for SSD's then I'll consider it but til then SATA2 is fast enough for everything out there currently. USB3 on the other hand would be wonderful to have.

mmmmm usb 3 <3

but after usb3 motherboards are released it will be a good few months untill usb 3.0 flash drives become affordable and available....yay or nay?

mmmmm usb 3 <3

but after usb3 motherboards are released it will be a good few months untill usb 3.0 flash drives become affordable and available....yay or nay?

Well might be true but the current USB2.0's devices if just upgraded for 3.0 controller might be good for higher speeds. Just depends how they have the memory in there and what its good for. Shoddy way of doing it yes but it could improve speeds a little more til they get proper devices built that better utilizes 3.0.

hmm i am waiting for sata 3....then i can upgrade to an i7 rig...no point spending 200 pounds on a mobo considering sata 3 will be out within the next few weeks

ya. i'm waiting too. I just wish they would hurry up and release em already :( I'm not sure how many more of these 200$ microcenter D0's I can pass up.

"So far the GA-EP55-UD5 and GA-EP55-UD4P will include it as well as the revamped GA-EX58A-Extreme, which we will talk about more later. Possibly others will also include it"

:)

then again...it will be 1-3 years untill sata 3 is saturated into the market....so i think most people will make the change over when i9 comes out :)

psh in 3 years sata 3 bw will be saturated and we will need sata 4

Back