• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which Gigabyte Motherboard?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SafirXP

I'm looking at the following Gigabyte boards:

GA-EP45-UD3R $120
GA-EP45-UD3LR $100
GA-EP45-UD3L $95

Will be getting a Q8400 or Q9550 with it. Won't OC it over 1600MHz FSB & I know all of these boards support 1600MHz FSB. So would the EP45-UD3R board be worth it?

I don't need RAID but I fancy the UD3R because of the extra heat sinks & the extra SATA ports! I'm just looking for a slight OC (3.2-3.6GHz) & long term stability. A $20-30 save would better my chances of getting the Q9550!

Another thing, I've a 7900GT PCI-E Gen1 card. I know that they're supposed to be compatible with Gen2 slots/boards, but would like some confirmation...

Of those choices I would go with the UD3R. My buddy has this board and it is such a sexy piece of hardware. He's rocking a Q9400 at 3.7 GHz daily driver, he said it was easy going to get to that point.

For the slight overclock you're wanting I think you could get by with a solid used P35 board, for like half the price.

also consider the components your putting in, i went for ud3r coz i needed the pci slots :)
* though the 2 upper pci-e's kinda useless as it hits the memory if u have a longer card :(

Thanks for the advice!

Well, the UD3P goes around $135. Its kinda high for a poor chap from Bangladesh. I'm getting the stuff from Singapore. I'm only carrying the 7900GT, XFi ExtremeMusic & Thermaltake Purepower 600W from my current system. Will get the HyperX DDR800 4GB kit.

Back