• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Apple (Ipod Touch)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cornbread

Heya guys,

I have a gripe. My girlfriend purchased me a Ipod Touch just for the heck of it, gotta love her, anyway it is a great little unit, BUT my gripe is after connecting it to Itunes (I aready had an older Ipod) it tells me I have an update available for the Ipod Touch. I'm thinking cool, lets update it from the start, so I proceed to update to version 3.0 it then tells me to UPDATE I need to purchase this for $9.xx, what a crock.

I can understand paying for songs and whatnot, but to have to pay for an update for the Ipod ****es me off. Sure I could have still used the older version, but by using the older version i am limited to what apps I can install and extra features.

The iPod Touch/iPhone 3.0 update is technically like the devices Operating System perse, instead of say purchasing a security update or the like etc.

I havent upgraded mine yet to 3.0 Im fine with the v2 OS at the moment, since I just have a first gen.

How can i get an ipod synced to another computer ? I bought my husband who is deployed an ipod 4TH Generation. I uploaded all his cds on our desktop and put on the IPOD. He now has the ipod and a different computer, his laptop with him in Iraq. Is there anyway to sync his ipod to the laptop without deleting all the songs currently on it. Please help.

Heya guys,

I have a gripe. My girlfriend purchased me a Ipod Touch just for the heck of it, gotta love her, anyway it is a great little unit, BUT my gripe is after connecting it to Itunes (I aready had an older Ipod) it tells me I have an update available for the Ipod Touch. I'm thinking cool, lets update it from the start, so I proceed to update to version 3.0 it then tells me to UPDATE I need to purchase this for $9.xx, what a crock.

I can understand paying for songs and whatnot, but to have to pay for an update for the Ipod ****es me off. Sure I could have still used the older version, but by using the older version i am limited to what apps I can install and extra features.

Hmm, odd, I haven't had this problem. I downloaded 3.0 from itunes and installed it with yellowsnow, no problems whatsoever.

Maybe it's based on your location? I'm live in europe and I haven't heard anyone talking about paying for 3,0 so far

edit: or is this a touch thing only? because I own a iphone, not a touch.

Hmm, odd, I haven't had this problem. I downloaded 3.0 from itunes and installed it with yellowsnow, no problems whatsoever.

Maybe it's based on your location? I'm live in europe and I haven't heard anyone talking about paying for 3,0 so far

edit: or is this a touch thing only? because I own a iphone, not a touch.

I live in the UK and we have to pay for it. After reading around I found it's because it's the iPod Touch whereas the iPhone is free. Total BS in my opinion.

Back