• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Nice Micro ATX Motherboard for e5200

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dapman02

I just moved to a SFF case for my secondary (quiet, easy on power) rig. It's currently running a VIA northbridge inside of it, and doesn't allow for speedstep, so it's going to be replaced pretty soon. What is recommended I buy for this. I would like some kind of overclockability, so I can bring it to lan party's if I ever start going to them.

asus p5kpl-cm

took my 2.5ghz e5200 to 3.3ghz.

you need GOOD ram, 1066mhz or better to o/c on this board. but it does o/c great once you get past the quirky bios. they mislabeled some things in the biosl. search for my guide on overclocking this mobo.

Im am also looking for a decent matx mb for to go with my e5200, as i find the P5KPL-AM has very little options, what would you people recommend?

Last edited:
im looking for microatx not mini, does any one know of any good overclocking microatx boards?

There's a ton of them out there. What sort of features do you want? SLI? Crossfire?

Im dont need sli or crossfire, just one that has decent oc options, specificaly Vcore, and memory speeds.

I know there are probably thousands out there, im just looking for recommendations, as alot of boards sold as OC friendly but have very limited settings in the bios

Last edited:
I got DFI JR P45-T2RS this week and at least for now I'm happy. Easily passes 550MHz FSB on my E8500. Nothing is whistling, hanging up or anything like that. Just stable board that has many nice options like CF support. Not cheapest but I couldn't find anything cheaper worth to buy for overclock and micro atx. I wish to try 600+MHZ FSB but don't have memory to run 1:1 now :(

I got DFI JR P45-T2RS this week and at least for now I'm happy. Easily passes 550MHz FSB on my E8500. Nothing is whistling, hanging up or anything like that. Just stable board that has many nice options like CF support. Not cheapest but I couldn't find anything cheaper worth to buy for overclock and micro atx. I wish to try 600+MHZ FSB but don't have memory to run 1:1 now :(

Thats the motherboard i ended up buying in the end, and i am very pleased with it, thanks :D

i only have the fsb at 320 as thats all my cpu needs, so im not really using the motherboard to its full potential.

Back