• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASUS Rampage II Extreme Questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Been To Branson

Registered
Wondering peoples thoughts on this Mobo for OCing the i7 920 hopefully to around 4GHz or more if the chip allows it. I read a few of the reviews on it, one guy specifically said that he had trouble fitting dual 4870's on it; if i go dual 4890's anyone know if there is a problem in it? I plan on getting 6GB of OCZ Platinum 1600MHz ram for it, and cooling it with the tried and true TRUE-120 (sorry redudency).

Any help is appreciated.

I have the Rampage II GENE, the mATX version of that mobo and have loved everything about it. I have good things about the Rampage II and saw it did well on the benchmarks. If anything if you are open to ideas, look at the Rampage II GENE or the EVGA mATX board that has just come out. There are a few threads discussing them on here...

Wondering peoples thoughts on this Mobo for OCing the i7 920 hopefully to around 4GHz or more if the chip allows it. I read a few of the reviews on it, one guy specifically said that he had trouble fitting dual 4870's on it; if i go dual 4890's anyone know if there is a problem in it? I plan on getting 6GB of OCZ Platinum 1600MHz ram for it, and cooling it with the tried and true TRUE-120 (sorry redudency).

Any help is appreciated.

Im running a i7 on a rampage II extreme and i can hit 4.6GHz stable on a D0 stepping chip. I'm only running a single 4870X2 at the moment but i have run 2 9800gtx's on this board and they fit just fine some im going to assume the 4890's would fit as well. Hope this helps!

~BIOS~

I run two GTX295's on mine with out issue, and they are much bigger cards than what you want to run.

With a D0 stepping chip, 4Ghz should be on stock volts with any luck.
And yes, this is a very easy board to use, it almost clocks itself.

Back