• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Blackberry User: Coming through!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rainless

Old Member
Don't ask me how I got free unlimited Blackberry Data added to my $30 Sero plan... I ain't talking.

Anywho, I need to know what must-have apps I should get for my blackberry. I already have the obvious ones like Google Maps, Talk, and Gmail. And facebook.

What am I missing?

Stitcher (http://www.stitcher.com) seems like it might be interesting. But they don't have it for the 8830 World Edition yet...

brick breaker is a must to keep. its a great bathroom reader.... :D

Yup... breaking bricks while you're laying bricks...

That comes with every blackberry I think. Mine already had it on there.

I was just having trouble connecting with the browser. Had to switch from "Browser" to "Internet Browser" in the General Properties (not the Browser Properties) that seems to have fixed it.

Yup... breaking bricks while you're laying bricks...

That comes with every blackberry I think. Mine already had it on there.

I was just having trouble connecting with the browser. Had to switch from "Browser" to "Internet Browser" in the General Properties (not the Browser Properties) that seems to have fixed it.

When I had a blackberry I liked the Opera browser....definitely better than the default browser that was on there. This was before some OS updates have come along though, so the default might be much better than it was.

Can't seem to recall what games I played on it. I did find a decent video converter that converted to 3GP so that I could put movies and stuff on it.

I remember having a Cubs logo that linked directly to a MLB Cubs page. Nice to check the scores, etc. (assuming you are a Cubs fab and not those silly Sox)
http://www.mlb.com/mobile/blackberry/shortcut.jsp?c_id=chc

When I had a blackberry I liked the Opera browser....definitely better than the default browser that was on there. This was before some OS updates have come along though, so the default might be much better than it was.

Can't seem to recall what games I played on it. I did find a decent video converter that converted to 3GP so that I could put movies and stuff on it.

I remember having a Cubs logo that linked directly to a MLB Cubs page. Nice to check the scores, etc. (assuming you are a Cubs fab and not those silly Sox)
http://www.mlb.com/mobile/blackberry/shortcut.jsp?c_id=chc

Oh you mean assuming I'm a LOSER and not a World Class Champion?

You know I myself once dabbled in pessimism... not related to baseball of course... :beer:

crackberry.com not spam. very good site for everything blackberry.

I've been there. Seems a little too commercial now. Too many ads and popups. There are lots of cute LITTLE sites that just have the apps or tutorials or whatever.

there is a app for WM that i liked from sprint, pocket express take a look at it :) looks like they have a BB app for that

i liked reading the daily top strange stories of the day; great toilet reads.

i'm assuming brick breaker is like bubble breaker?

Rainless, I'll be joining you on the BB side by moving on from my Diamond and going with the Tour. Why did you go with the 8330 instead of waiting a week for the Tour?

Rainless, I'll be joining you on the BB side by moving on from my Diamond and going with the Tour. Why did you go with the 8330 instead of waiting a week for the Tour?

I didn't get the 8330 (That's the Curve) I got the 8830 World Edition (not to be confused with the regular 8830... which doesn't even make any sense to get.)

And the reason I didn't get the Tour is three-fold:

1. I never heard of it until you mentioned it.
2. I got my 8830 World Edition used
3. I got a used 8830 World Edition because I wasn't interested in extending my contract.

A fourth reason might be because I intend to use the World Edition's features because intend to be out of this country by winter. At which point I'll pay for the remainder of the year in my contract in advance just in case I come back for business or Christmas.

great thread T.Rainless... i was thinking doing this tonight, but you beat me to it.

i just got myself a Curve 8900 friday and i'm in love. (came from old samsung D-806)

i'm going to be following this thread :)

Back