• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

eVGA LT x58 multi problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tech9

I have a 920 running at 220X20, but when you first boot cpu-z says 20x220, but after a few minutes of prime, it drops to 220x12 @ 2600mhz.

Any idea why? Everything under CPU features is disabled.

I have a 920 running at 220X20, but when you first boot cpu-z says 20x220, but after a few minutes of prime, it drops to 220x12 @ 2600mhz.

Any idea why? Everything under CPU features is disabled.

Sounds like Thermal Throttling. What are the temps like?

vreg temp 91, getting a little warm there I suppose?

70715637.jpg

I saw someone saying Throttling happens at 80C on the cpu?

Got it fixed, it was throttling thanks!
Happens around 90C, didn't think it was getting that high. Forgot that HT was on :\

Got it fixed, it was throttling thanks!
Happens around 90C, didn't think it was getting that high. Forgot that HT was on :\

:thup: Glad you got it figured out. What size rad are you running? I've got a double and a single in line, and they have a hard time keeping my DO in check (under 70C) at 4ghz (1.2625V), although it does run 24/7, and the heat output from the 3 GPU's is a little detrimental.

Its a double, with just the CPU right now.
i'm at 4.4 @ 1.41v around 70-75C loaded when the room is warm. I'm guessing with HT on it was jumping to 90 before it even registered :\

Now I just need to get my vreg cooled. I was thinking my NB would be the problem, but its keeping cool with the passive HS.

Back