• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can't decide: UD3/UD4/UD4P/P6t se

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

antipesto93

:) upgrade time for me :)...so yet another "what mobo " thread

so i am going to i7, and and cannot decide between the four boards, they are all similar(ish) in price. but cant tell the difference,

UD3R: £145 :
pro's: Cheap, Its gigabyte
Con's: only 4 dimm slots, no SB heatpipe

ud4:£179:
Pro's: 6 Dimm slots
con's : Price, no SB heatpipe

ud4p:£190
Pro's: SB heatpipe, 6 dimm's,SB heatpipe
con's 3x sli. cost more than the i7 haha

P6t: £145
Pro's cheap, 6 dimms, 3x sli
con's: Its not a gigabyte

^^ ok that list was pointless, but basically, the only difference i notice between the 4 boards, is that the ud3r has only 4 Dimms ( me not like this )

could anyone please point out if one is better than the other, and the difference in price justifies the features?

anyone had any experiences oc'ing an i7 do on theese?
thanks

For sure the 4dimm slot won't do triple for your memory, so your better off getting a 6 dimm one, and as for the ud4p your paying more for the better cooling, etc.

How much do you want from the OC?

As long I can get 4ghz on a d0 i920 I will be happy

I don't like the idea of 4 dimms
How does the p6t se compare to the ud3/4?

All those mobos should get a D0 to 4GHz easily - the D0 chips are a sinch to overclock. Of those listed, I'd probably go for the UD4P, but they're all quality boards.

What's important to you? Max overclock? Expansion slots? SLI/Crossfire? Cost over all else?

For sure the 4dimm slot won't do triple for your memory

Actually, it'll run triple channel just fine and dandy with three sticks. You just won't be able to run 12GB of memory.

Boards with USB3 and SATA 3 are due to show up mid July...why not wait a few days and get something with a little more future-proof?

...Actually, it'll run triple channel just fine and dandy with three sticks. You just won't be able to run 12GB of memory.

Actually, you can when 4GB per stick starts showing up. Until then, you will only be limited to 8GB (3x2GB + 1x2GB sticks).

The new boards will also make current boards cheap.

But.. there is always something new around the corner.
Or go with the asrock cheap board for now, and upgrade later.

Boards with USB3 and SATA 3 are due to show up mid July...why not wait a few days and get something with a little more future-proof?
QUOTE]

wow only a few days!!
i think i am going to wait till the end of this month then :)

Back