• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DG45FC drivers SATA/ICH10 for 32bit WinXP SP2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OdinOfTrisk

I have exactly the same problem as this user in this thread:

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?p=6032647

also see:

http://communities.intel.com/thread/4801?tstart=0

To recap here......

This motherboard does not have PATA interface and does not have PS2 connectors. The CD/DVD drive and HDD are both SATA. The keyboard and mouse are both USB.

The exact hardware chips I have are (as confirmed from Vista and Linux) :

"Intel(R) ICH10 Family 2 port Serial ATA Storage Controller2 - 3A26" => PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3A26&.....
"Intel(R) ICH10 Family 4 port Serial ATA Storage Controller1 - 3A20" => PCI\CEN_8086&DEV_3A20&.....

I am not able to perform a CD installation of SP2, the machine just hangs with a blank screen right pressing any key to boot from CD, before the text-mode installer appears. My guess is that a SATA CDROM unit is just too much for SP2. However my preferred method of installation is using PXE network boot and RIS (Remote Installation Services) of which I have performed my installations on my different hardware setups before without problem and I am knowledgeable enough to slipstream/merge whatever F6 or PNP drivers into the RIS images to use for installation.

Using the PXE+RIS method I can get all the way through the text-mode installation phase, pick disk and setup partition, format NTFS, copy files, setup registry, then reboot. Upon rebooting I get about 5 seconds of "Windows XP" graphical logo and then a Blue Screen of Death error 0x0000007B which relates to the inability of WinXP to access the system disk C: (due to it being SATA).

I have flashed the motherboard with the latest version of BIOS. The BIOS has a "Legacy" mode, it also has a "Native" mode with 3 additional settings, "IDE", "RAID", "AHCI". I have no interest in using RAID, since there is only 1 disk anyway and no plan to add any more. I have tried all of the other 3 modes, in AHCI the text-mode setup can not find any storage (even though I have provided the F6 driver iaStor.sys and iaAhci.sys). The other 2 modes "Legacy" and "Native with IDE" achieve exactly the same BSoD 0x0000007B error.

The PCI ids of my hardware SATA chips are exactly like that of the other ocforums.com thread, I have a 4 SATA port chip and a 2 SATA port chip. PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3A26&..... and PCI\CEN_8086&DEV_3A20&.....

These PCI ids are not listed in the iaStor.inf or the iaAhci.inf files that are inside the Intel F6 driver. The only place I have found these specific PCI ids is in the Intel Chipset Driver in that there are 2 files All/ichaide.inf and All/ichaid2.inf. ICHA being ICH10, since A (hex) = 10 (decimal). The problem is that only an ichaide.inf and ichaide.cat, ichaid2.inf and ichaid2.cat are included, I can not find any reference to any driver file *.SYS.

Since there is no *.SYS file to act as a driver for the hardware there doesn't appear to be anything I can merge into my RIS image.

So I am at a loss to understand where the F6 driver is for the specific hardware I have.

Well if you're using Native IDE mode you shouldn't need any extra drivers. Have you tried installing off a XP SP3 disc rather than use your image?

Back