• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Touchpad problem Inspiron 1545

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Firestrider

So I have a problem with my touchpad on my laptop that is very subtle but annoying.

Every once in a while the touchpad will start stuttering from input or stop responding all together, but if you wait like 10 seconds it will be fine.

I have Windows 7 on my laptop and it found the driver automatically after installation for the touchpad. I also tried installing the latest ALPS touchpad driver for Vista but that didn't seem to help.

Do you think it is a hardware related problem?

with the laptop off, press the Fn key to the left of the space bar and while holding the key press power. That will boot the diagsnostics, run the PSA diags then you will get a menu go to customs test, and pick the touchpad.. that why you can test your touchpad hardware

hmmm I just bought an msi wind notebook and the touch pad went crazy in this heat 40`c and it threw a wobbler... cured it with a tap of the quite hard variety.

(not exactly science at its best :))

still works fine now?

runs VERY HOT though #Laughs#

thinkin I may be able to cook an english breakfast on it if it gets much hotter?

curious to see how you get on....

good luck sorting it.

Back