• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus P5Q3 Deluxe- Ram seems to be my problem.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Eichhorn18

It has recently come to my attention both by experimentation with my hardware and through reading threads on the Asus P5Q series boards that there are some difficulties with hardware compatibility and overclocking capabilities with these boards. That being said I purchased the system that is in my sig. just over a year ago. I am ashamed to say that at the time I made some snap judgements about purchasing these parts. I have had a lot of difficulty getting this system to be stable and have had little success with overclocking although I am not a vetran.

Given that I recently discovered that Asus boards do not support 128 mb chips on ram sticks I have reconsidered my choice in hardware. I would like anyone with experience with the Asus P5Q series boards to recommend some ram that is more likely to be compatible with the P5Q3 deluxe.

If anyone has any comments about the slew of components that I have in this build please let me know what you think.

Your patriots RAM can do it ...

Read the OC tuto and have some fun. any P45 chipset can reach way over 500fsb. The best way to start would be to test your RAM capability by using LOW multi on teh CPU and OCing only the memory. This way youll know how far this patriot mem can go.

As ive told, read TUTO and have fun ;)

Your patriots RAM can do it ...

Read the OC tuto and have some fun. any P45 chipset can reach way over 500fsb. The best way to start would be to test your RAM capability by using LOW multi on teh CPU and OCing only the memory. This way youll know how far this patriot mem can go.

As ive told, read TUTO and have fun ;)

I have found that even at stock settings on everything the system is not stable...is this an indication that its a compatibility problem or something else? Everyone who seems to have problems with these boards have said that ram compatibility is the problem. Any about the Patriot ram being good... the model number isn't quite on the QVL for the MB but it comes close. I don't know if the QVL for asus boards are generalized for 2 gb and 1 gb sticks or not?

In my case I have the 2GB sticks but the QVL lists patriot DDR3 memory good for 1 Gb sticks.:-/

Back