• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

p5t deluxe v2 Looking for moderate settings

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

htredneck

Registered
Hey all. I upgraded (about 80 % ) of my computer about a month ago and I am very happy with it. I have read many threads of people who explain how to overclock to 4.0 and beyond. I can do this with no problem but it isn´t my goal. There is just too much heat at these settings. Maybe if I go to water in the future. I am looking for a fast machine but balanced against heat. I want it to last.

Is there someone who could recommend a good BALANCE of chip, memory and voltage settings at say 3.3 to 3.5 while still staying in a comfortable heat range?

I love the machine I have built but there are many more settings then the Asus P5B core 2 duo I am coming from.

Thanks,

Hope to hear from you.

There wont be any perfect settings that someone can give you. All hardware is differnt so what works for me might not work for you.

The main thing that causes extra heat while overclocking is that we raise voltages. If you leave the voltages for your chip at there stock settings you'll be getting a nice overclock with out a lot of extra heat.

Thanks for the reply. I know there are no perfect settings and the mixture of hardware makes things different. The problem I am having is that there are SO MANY things I can change in the BIOS with this Motherboard. I don´t want to raise one or two things way up and leave the rest on low or auto. :confused:

As zbo mentioned, there are no perfect settings that will work with your particular system as all systems are different regardless of identical parts.

Maybe taking a look around here you will find the info you're looking for :)

Thanks for your replies. I have been reading (and searching) this form for a number of years, I just don´t post very often. I am not looking for the perfect exact settings. Nor am I looking to converse with people who are trying to push there system beyond safe ranges just because they have something to prove. I am simply looking to compare notes and general ranges with anyone with similar hardware. I don´t wish to offend anyone but if you don´t fall into this category you need not respond to this post.

Peace to all :)

Try:
166 x20 = 3.3ghz
Memory: As close to rated speed as possible
CPU voltage: 1.20v
Uncore (QPI/Dram core) voltage: 1.25v
Memory (DRAM bus) voltage: 1.64v (or whatever it needs)
Everything else on Auto.

Thanks for your replies. I have been reading (and searching) this form for a number of years, I just don´t post very often. I am not looking for the perfect exact settings. Nor am I looking to converse with people who are trying to push there system beyond safe ranges just because they have something to prove. I am simply looking to compare notes and general ranges with anyone with similar hardware. I don´t wish to offend anyone but if you don´t fall into this category you need not respond to this post.

Peace to all :)

And again I will quote with what I already stated: "there are no perfect settings that will work with your particular system as all systems are different regardless of identical parts"

Thus meaning someone with the same identical parts/hardware set to specifics settings will not work for you as each system is different regardless of identical/similar parts. What works for them may/may not work for you.

I also posted a link for you to look up the required info.

So because we don't have the same hardware/system that you have we cannot post/reply to your questions? That was definately rude.

Have a nice day :rolleyes:

Thanks JCLW

Try:
166 x20 = 3.3ghz
Memory: As close to rated speed as possible
CPU voltage: 1.20v
Uncore (QPI/Dram core) voltage: 1.25v
Memory (DRAM bus) voltage: 1.64v (or whatever it needs)
Everything else on Auto.

I appreciate the help. I have tried these setting and variations in this range and it seems to be a good spot with the cooling I have now. The learning curve with this new board and chip will take a while. There are many new settings in BIOS. The searches I have done over the past month (yes, I know how to use seach :cool: ) mostly are about people who want to run at above 4.0 I have booted and run stable at a little over 4.0 but the temps are just way to high with the cooling I have now.

It´s nice to know the hardware I have is really good and capable of most anything as long as I can keep it cool. At some point in the future I would like to go water but for now I just want to have things well tuned, stable and cool.

Keep in touch

Back