• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Blackberry Video limitations

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ChinStrap

Blackberry owners.

i'm new, but i wanna start loading my 8900 up with video content for when i have downtime @ work, what are the limitations you guys have run into?

if i rip a DVD and convert it to MP4 is that all? or do i have to reduce the scale, my 8900 has a screen res of like 480x360. will the phone auto scale the content for me?

please share what you guys have run into! :)

(also) when i try using google, all i can seem to find are video reviews :(

i can't seem to find much by the way of media playback or limitations.

The best would be record video in 480x360 scale. The display is more square than widescreen. So, what happens, video is scaled and black bars appear on the top and bottom. Think of playing a widescreen movie on a regular square tv.

The app that I use to convert videos to blackberry format is Xilsoft 3gp Video Converter. It converts it pretty good, it has the basic functions that any converter has (e.g. video/audio quality, file spliting) and it converts it to blackberry mp4 which I have no problem playing on the blackberry.

Covert it to the correct scale. On top of it playing correctly the size will be much smaller as well. Most of the ones I have come out around 300-450MB's in size. Google Annesoft Blackberry Video Converter for a good program. There is a free and paid version of it. If you know how to set it up correctly handbrake will also get the job done.

Back