• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EP45-UD3R Overclocking - SPEECHLESS -

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nullkuhl

:bang head
msgk.jpg

biosk.jpg

bios2.jpg

System Configurations:
-Mainboard: EP45-UD3R
-Processor: C2D E8400
-VGA: Nvidia 9500GT 1GB DDR2
-RAM: 2x2GB Kingston HyperX 1066 Mhz Ram (KHX8500D2/2G)
-CPU Cooler: Asus V60
http://specialtech.co.uk/spshop/files/detail/v-60.jpg
-Power Supply: Asus 550W/500W

First without any overclocking i couldn't get my ram to work at 1066 :S
i took the ram timings from the official website which came out to be 5-5-5-18 with 1.8v , and 5-5-5-15 2.25V but i could never boot with it.

I tried alot of tweaks and each time i get that message in the redbox

Newegg says its 2.3v at 5.5.5.15. Man that is AWFULLY high!!

But the MFG site says 2.25v 5.5.5.15 (still high).

Did you manually set the voltages and timings?

Newegg says its 2.3v at 5.5.5.15. Man that is AWFULLY high!!

But the MFG site says 2.25v 5.5.5.15 (still high).

Did you manually set the voltages and timings?

huh ? what should i do then ? lower the timing to 5 5 5 15 and 2.25 v ?:confused:

No keep it at what the MFG suggested. 5-5-5-15 @ 2.25v. Dont worry about setting your ram to 1066 speeds off the bat. Honestly, unless you benchmark, there is VERY little point in doing so. Just run it 1:1 with your FSB while overclocking your CPU. Then once you find the CPU max, then go to town on your memory, though you are already pretty high on the voltage. That must have been (or should have been) some cheap memory with the voltage needing to be that high for a mere 1066 speed.

set things to auto not normal all but the cpu, pll, and the ram voltage that should help

The problem with this is that due to Jedec standards, the memory will default to 800 instead of 1066. I have run into the same thing with my Dominators. I really haven't had the time to work on getting them running at 1066, but I'm not too worried about it, as I don't think I really run anything that really needs that extra little bit of extra bandwidth.

Back