• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P5Q Motherboards

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JohnBoy55

Registered
Just got a new Intel C2D E-8600 3.3 GHz. and was trying to get a general opinion in which of the P5Q Series boards would be the most popular to run with this CPU. Or which is the favorite in the forums as to the overclocking of the P5Q Series?

i own 2 "straight" P5Q ( with golden heatsink ) and they both perfom awesome + they are very power efficient.

My main rig IDLE at 150W and this is without C1E. Its alwais @ 3.74ghz with a GTX285, WCed and 10 fans total. So i can tell this mobo is power efficient.

This exact same CPU and GPU with my old P5N32e-SLI PLUS was pumping 225W idle @ 3.6ghz.......

I have a standard P5Q without crossfire. It does great if your not looking for Crossfire or SLI.

I had a P5Q-E and loved it. Got a good deal on the Maximus II Formula, only reason I got rid of it.

I don't understand the pro. Have the mosfets are sinked and the other half arent? While the non-pro has them all sinked?:screwy:

just played with a friend Maximus II formula and its a good one too. his Q9400 runs smootly 3.2ghz under his chip VID. ALl volts are quite low. Not as low as my P5Q cause the M2F have lots more stuff to run into it.

I'm assembling a new 'puter based around a Asus P5Q Deluxe board.
Currently assembling parts, and since it is my very first build from parts I'm currently learning the craft here!!!
Looks like fun this! :cool:

With my P5Q-Pro I was able to get my Q6600 to 3.6 whereas I was stuck at 3.4 with my old Gigabyte P35-DS3R.

Dx>Pro. If you get the pro make sure you do a bios updated to the modded KET bios. It will have the Deluxe memory tables instead of the regular ones.

I like my P5Q Pro a lot.
It'll actually do the ddr2-1200 it says it will, quickness :D

Back