• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for a SBC with 2 Serial ports, vga, USB, very low power comsumption

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GrimX9

FOUND!
For my robotic project, I will need a small computer (includes CPU, ram, video, ports, etc). Power comsumption must be under 10 watts, as it will be powered by a 12VDC source which depending on the computer, will be powering it directly (with proper regulation) or into a DC DC converter. This computer will need to be a form factor of mini ITX or smaller (preferably smaller). It does not need to be powerful and it should be cost effective (cheap). It will also need 2 Serial ports, or have a slot where I can install a card that will give me the 2 serial ports.

It should have a processor capable of running XP, such as a AMD geode or equivalent. The OS will be on a 4GB CF card, and the OS will be XP stripped down. NO LINUX SRY GUISE.

Requirements:
Small (Mini ITX or smaller)
Low power consumption (10watts or lower).
2 serial ports
VGA port
Ram onboard or slots
Some kind of memory interface (CF card, SATA, IDE).
2 or more USB ports or enough slots to expand.

Last edited:
This is the ALIX3D3, which costs 132.00 US dollars. It features 2xUSB, VGA, Serial port and a 10/100Mbps LAN port. Perfect for embedded applications. it also has a CF slot, and 2 MiniPCI slots.

EDIT: I have not actually purchased this yet.
EDIT: For pics of the heatsink thread, look Here

Last edited:
Current MCU interface board:
100_0183.JPG

Back