• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte P55 UD4P

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Deanzo

Benchmarking Senior Member
Hey guys,

During my time at the Gigabyte open over clocking chapionships in Taipei, I had an opportunity to have a sneak peek at Gigabytes upcoming motherboard lineup.

As I've used both the EX 58 UD5, and UD4P at home and in competition, I'm very eager to see how the P55 equivalent stack up.
Unfortunately these boards are under NDA, so we were not allowed to test them in any way, but I was able to get some pictures of the upcoming P55 UD4P, next to a X58 UD4P. For a comparison between the two chipsets that carry the same end model number.

twoboards.jpg

twoboardsback.jpg

Lets have a wee look at the up coming P55 UD4P

The first thing that catches my eye, is the placement of the first two PCI-e slots. Lots of room for large vga cards with double slot coolers, or LN2 pots if you're into that kind of thing :D
From my understanding these boards will be CF and SLI compatible just like X58.

pcieslots.jpg

The socket area is nice and open, so after market coolers shouldn't be a problem.

socketl.jpg

It supports four SATA-III ports and six SATA-II ports.

satax.jpg

Power, Reset and Clear CMOS buttons have moved to the bottom right hand corner.
Having the Clear CMOS button on the board is great for a bencher like me, on the back panel would be better for a 24/7 setup in a case, but how many times does that kind of user use it ? so I'm happy to see it's move.

powerbutton.jpg

Talking about the back panel.
Some cool new things there, Power over e-sata is something even I could get worked up over.
The idea of just having an SSD in my bag, and just plug it into one of these when I'm on the go would work very well for me.
I hope to see this on all boards, and the price of SSD's come down even more soon.

backpanel.jpg

As soon as they go on sale, I will be picking one of these and an i5 cpu up.
And I'll give you the full run down on how I feel it stacks up next to it's big brother the X58.

Back