• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What do you lot fink of this MB:

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

markp1989

I was thinking of replacing the MB in my desktop, as the one i have (asus p5kpl-am) currently sucks for overclocking

I was thinking of getting this one: http://www.ebuyer.com/product/145751/show_product_reviews (Asus P5Q PRO P45) in hopes of getting my e5200 closer to 4ghz, then using the spare one to put some spare parts to use.

has any one had any experience with this one?

The main problem i have with my current mb is the ram speeds, due to the limits of the options in the bios. the ram is what is holding back my OC, what sort of memory options does this mb have?

Thankyou for your replies :D

Markp1989

I just double checked, that mb wont fit in my case, what matx motherboards would you recommend for decent overclocking for under £100?

Thanks Markp1989

i have been looking at a DFI LANPARTY JR P45-T2RS iP45 Socket 775 8 channel audio mATX Motherboard its £109: http://www.ebuyer.com/product/150911

I haveread that the p45 chipset is good for ocing, but i wana get reviews from other people, this 1 has 2 pcie 16x slots which i will only use 1 so im not sure if that 1 is to expensive for what i need.

has any one had any experiance with this motherboard, it dont wana spend the money too find out that its a **** oc board?

any other recommendations for a matx mb preferably from ebuyer will be appreciated

Thanks Markp1989

I have the Asus P5E which has X38 chipset

I have the same problem.

SYSTEM CONFIG:
The bootstrap is in AUTO, multiplier in 9 and the frequency at something like 366MHz, 4GB CORSAIR DOMINATOR works fine at around 1098MHz and CPU running at 3.3GHz.

PROBLEM
My CPU overclocks to up to 3.5GHz but I would have to underclock the ram to like 800MHz. I Don't want to do that.
If I crank up the memory higher than 1098ish it stops working even tweaking voltages.

THEORETICAL SOLUTION
Find a motherboard with individual frequencies for the CPU and MEMORY so I can run my CPU at maximum overclock and stable performance and run my memory at maximum overclock and stable condition.

Does anyone know what we are looking for here?

Thanks for the replys , nice to know im not alone :)

I agree with you, having individual settings for the ram/cpu would perfect, i just need it to be matx form factor.

Sir Mr. markp1989:

Do me a favor and, as a good overclocker, computer enthusiast, get a larger case! =P

Actually you dont really need any great oc'ing board to clock those cpu's I personally have an e5300 running @ 4Ghz on an EVGA 680i lt mobo modded with an XFX 680i SLI Bios... nothing comes close to the ease at which I was able to overclock this cpu.. thing is that they run at very low fsb's so you should not have many limitations motherboard wise as long as it is capable of approx 1100FSB which almost all mobo's are capable of :)

Actually you dont really need any great oc'ing board to clock those cpu's I personally have an e5300 running @ 4Ghz on an EVGA 680i lt mobo modded with an XFX 680i SLI Bios... nothing comes close to the ease at which I was able to overclock this cpu.. thing is that they run at very low fsb's so you should not have many limitations motherboard wise as long as it is capable of approx 1100FSB which almost all mobo's are capable of :)

the motherboard can do the fsb fine, but because the ram speed only has 2 options, 1:1 ratio, or another one. wen i run the fsb at 300mhz with the lower memory devider. i have my ddr 800 ram running at ddr 1000 speeds , any higher, and i get memory errors all over the place.

im sure the cpu (e5200) has more potential, its doing 3.75ghz 24/7 at 1.3v temps between 55-58C at load, so getting to 4ghz shouldnt be a push, also on my current mb i cannot up the vcore any more then i already have, because it doesnt have meny options.

Last edited:
In my case for both of you right above me. I have oc'ed my Q6600 to 3.5 and 3.6 but my memory is forced to run at either 1200 (which errs) or something wayyy lower than 1066MHz (which I don't want to do)

I think that is the problem markp1989 is having as well. Who knows, perhaps I don't know how to do it but I play with AUTO bootstrap, the CLOCKFREQUENCY, CPU MULTIPLIER AND RAM FREQUENCY and I can't seem to get my CPU speed to 3.5GHz and my memory speed to 1100Mhz or the vicinity.

The best fit is CPU 3.3Ghz and RAM 1098Mhz. If I bring my frquency high enough to make the CPU run at 3.5Ghz then my ram speed would be 1166 or vicinity and would ERR.

Back