• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

setting up a raid on the EVGA x58 mobo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Methal

EDIT:

OK just needed to rant a bit there.

I am having trouble setting up a raid 1 on the this i7 mobo. From what I know about raid, which granted isn't a lot, everything looks perfect. However when I get to the part of the vista install (oh how I hate vista...) It does not find my raided 500's. I can load a driver directly from EVGA's site, but it still doesn't find the mirrored 500s. It can not find the driver on the vista CD. I haven't tried the CD that comes with the board yet. Think that would do it?

or is it a bios setting that I might have overlooked?

I've never set up a raid like this before.

Last edited:
It is a JMICRON raid setup in the BIOS. I use the same board and have raid zero on two velociraptors. I'm at work, can't give you better instructions right now.

u have to load the drivers from a usb drive. U have to go to the manufactured website download the raid drivers and load then on ur windows install.

Assuming you have the drives connected to the ICH10R RAID controller, there's no need to load any drivers during Setup, since the controller is natively supported by Vista.

Back