• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New B-Revision X58 Mobos

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

silencer51

When are they coming out?

I know the latest EVGA has a B-Revision chip but what about other companies?

The only B3 motherboards out there are all from EVGA's. Nobody else has them yet. Chances are they might not show up until late August or the fourth quarter.

USB3 seems to work okay, but SATA3 is having major performance glitch so both Asus and Gigabyte had to redesign their boards, causing further delay. I forgot the site that provided this info, but I read it somewhere.

These boards were using a 3rd party SATA-6 (or whatever the standard is called :rolleyes: ) contoller chip that had some SATA-6 ports and a PATA port. They were having issues with the PATA port, and had to pull all MoBo's that used this chip (a Marvell chip IIRC). This had absolutely nothing to do with Intel's chipsets - and intel is not yet shipping any chips that have native SATA-6 support (but I'm sure they will very soon).

:cool:

new rev fixes some X58 chipset errata that's all.

Agreed. The sata III and Usb3 will be on a totally different controller instead of the northbridge chipset. I believe the part that controls sata interactions on intel boards is the south bridge (ICH10/ICH10R iirc).

Back