• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DFI LP DK P45-T2RS PLUS Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Smoka Cola

I've had this board for well over a month now and I think it's time for some upgrades. However I have a question whether to will crossfire work on this board or not? As for logically working, yes this is a XFire motherboard and it should run 2 cards with no problem. My concern is I have an ATI 4870 1GB and I want to add in another one.

Does anyone else have this board and if so, would you mind letting me know if two 4870 1GB would be successful? I imagine it would be a tight fit and I don't really see a improvement for the money I'd be spending, but it's mainly for looks. My only real concern is it not having clearance due to the screws on the back of the heatsink for the GPU.

If it helps, this is the card I have: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102801

It already runs everything at max, but like I said, having two of these in my machine with a V8 heatsink would look so cool.

There is enough space to run 2x4870 with stock coolers so in this case should work too. At least on my board is no problem and all is the same except that mine is micro atx. Here is photo how it looks on JR mobo ( should be the same on yours). I'm too lazy to search for other photos :p

Back