• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help Picking a Motherboard.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mekks

looking for a x58 board. few things i need or would atleast like.

atleast 6x intel sata ports (seen boards with 9 not sure if they are all intel but if they are that kinda makes up my mind)
x16, x16, x8 pci-e
sli and crossfire option

ive been looking at the evga sli LE, or classified (cost is really high but its so sexy).

I've heard a few people saying that the Asus P6T deluxe isn't really worth the extra cost over the standard P6T board . The normal P6T should meet your needs (Just don't get the SE model) but if you have the budget I would go with the Asus Rampage II Extreme

yeah if you have the budget evga classified/ RE ii / EX58- Extreme/ud5 is the way to go!!

most average spenders oud probably choose one of the p6t's or the ud4 i guess

oh yeah take a loot at the msi platinum...cheap n chearfull

The MSI X58 Platinum isn't a bad board at all. Has my 920 @ 4.0Ghz rock steady stable. The NB on it gets a tad on the hot side, but a 70mm fan solved that problem :)

Newegg Linky

Haha I remember looking at your old system and going wow.. out of date much? Good to see you've moved on and got yourself a nice beast =). Top stuff! =D

At OP, really, just look up some various X58 mobo comparisons, they're probably more succinct and detailed than any straight recommendations we can make.

yea, think im going to stick with evga. just for the support. they all seem around the same in bench tests atm.

The Asus p6t deluxe v2 is cheap and is a very good board.

The best one is the $300 or less price range.

MSI x58 Platinum ain't bad. I have heard bad things on both of the lower cost x58 EVGA boards. And I am a big EVGA fan, but it looks like for x58 it is the CLASSIFIED or bust unfortunately.

Back