• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fan control question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

grishenko45

hi all,

just wanted to know - would it be possible to control my fans through the mobo's 3pin slots aswell as through a fan controller?????

leave it with you!!

cheers

i dont think its possible...because a fan controller will alter the voltage going to the fan
...but the motherboared would just use a pwm thingy...so they would conflict with each other

it is possible to controll a fan useing a fan controller..but view the rpm in windows..
its just a matter of getting the right cable

...because a fan controller will alter the voltage going to the fan
...but the motherboared would just use a pwm thingy...so they would conflict with each other

I believe a lot of fan controllers actually use PWM instead of varying voltage on output.

As far as being able to switch from Motherboard to Fan Controller, that could be accomplished by a 2-way switch, provided it has enough poles to switch 3 leads at a time.

thanks all 4 your help - ill stick to one of them then.....probs just mobo 3 pin pwm....get loads of 3 pin "y" splitters in and connect them!!

this is for my new build im planning - just wanted to controll the fans on the radiators...

Back