• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PowerSupply Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Trieber

Ok, I am building my next machine. I'm going to go with an AMD XP, I know these boys run hot, really hot. So I'm leaning towards watercooled. Question is, with everything else, I'm not sure how big I need my PSU to be. I intend to run the regular setup, 2 optical drives, 2 harddrives, video card, sound card, and the mobo. Also the watercooling system and a few fans to keep the case temp caool, maybe a max of 5 low speed, low RPM fans.

So, what kind of PSU should I get and how big? Also, how would I go about modding it to run all this off of it, I would like to have the watercooled system and fans running on BayBus switches too. How might I wire the fans to the PSU and then to switches.. The thought has crossed my mind to use a totally separate PSU to run my fans and watercooling system. Is this advisable?

My main question though is how to wire them to the PSU, this is the only componet, along with the Mobo, that I am unsure about modding...

Thanks in advance for any input.

<ag>

the xp's dont run as hot as the T-birds did, mine is running @ 35 C with the retailHSF ! you really only need to water cool if you are going to do some really serious overclocking, anyways, i would get a 400w PSU

Back