• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P5QL PRO northbidge heatsink removal help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

abarth_1200

Hi guys Im wondering if my NB is running too hot, I took a reading of the heatsink itself using a digital thermometre and got 49 degrees C, but this is only the heatsink I would think the chip would be a lot hotter.

I wanting to know how to remove the heatsink so I cna go ahead and get myself a new aftermarket one, I have searched on how to remove but found nought I also gave it a shot but the black pins just spin??

Personally i'd get a little 40mm fan and strap it on there first, it may simply not be getting any airflow.

I'll be getting a P5q pro later today (is USPS tracking is honest, at least), so i'll look at the pins and let you know how i think they come off.

I have been cooling mine with an air conditioner. ;)

I'm at 363 Mhz FSB right now. ;)

No signs of any corruption.

Months ago, probably in January, I ran Prime95, I believe the 64-bit version, with Windows 7 beta 64-bit and
it looked good, was OK when ran overnight, then stopped it at 10 hours.

thanks very helpfull ^ but your post sounds very insulting

I cant see any screw heads and i cant see any push pins, like my cpu cooler it has push pins.

And thanks bobnova thats very helpfull, I have a funny feeling they unscrew from the back

Last edited:
Brownie points for Earthdog, thanks and apoligies accepted.

That is really helpfull but now it means I will have to take my mobo out, I think ill wait until I get a new CPU cooler and kill two birds with one stone, get some spring cleaning while im at it

Just got mine, i can confirm that they're little pushpins that require access to the back of the mobo.

Back