• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need program to clear out the crapware on a laptop.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Audioaficionado

Sparkomatic Moderator
What are the best programs to clear out the crapware that comes installed on them?

It's a Toshiba with a Core2 processor and decent hardware specs. It runs like a glacier.

A good registry cleaner for Vista would be handy too.

I just uninstall it all via add/remove programs.. That or you just do a complete re-install from scratch...

basically what's been said above... there's no program that can universally be rid of all the crapware on a laptop since it differs from one manufacturer to the next. i'm surprised nobody has said "buy a mac" yet haha.

Format c:

literally, i use one of the OEM disks i have already, reinstall, use te key on the bottom, or pull the one from windows, reinstall it all, so i leave nothing behind.

I ran decrapifier and ccleaner.

Seems to have helped speed things up.

I also asked her to check out all the installed apps to see how many she really needs. Then I'll get rid of 'em too.

Used Perfectdisk to finish up.

Back