• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AAO bios password reset

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

georanma

Anyone have any experince or know about the bios password reset on the acer aspire one? I have disassembled the unit and found the supposed short point, but after a number of times having my dad help me short it, my 40 dollar netbook has not reset the password.

I dont believe there is a cmos battery. Its not ontop of the mobo and the diagrams ive seen dont show one on the bottom. Maybe I need to investigate further. This user manual I found, it says this g1 spot on the top of the board is the bios clear. So far no luck in shorting it out. Not sure why its not working.

Been trying the short method to no avail thus far. Not sure where the battery is. I see one spot that could be it. But i cant figure out how to get it out.

So, I got the bios reset. Now, even though I did it like 2 or 3 times with windows 7, I cant seem to make a bootable usb with ubuntu. Finally following a guide posted on ubuntu. Hopefully everything will work again. I dont want to have wasted this petty amount of cash.

edit: ubuntu installed. left click doesnt work on the touch pad or with a usb mouse.

Last edited:
Got ubunt loaded up last night. Now the left click isnt working....even with a usb mouse. Ideas guys?

edit: Its the same with the live disk, and it must have worked when I installed, or I wouldnt hvae got that far.

Last edited:
loaded up easy peasy, and Im not able to get the touch pad and buttons to work. The wifi card also works, so I didnt need the one I got for 5 bucks from a dude in SH/SC in the somethingawful forums.

Back