• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MSI Eclipse SLI: Can't change Base Clock in Bios

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dbett

Registered
I recently built a machine with the MSI Eclipse SLI motherboard. I used the LiveUpdate program in Windows to install the Bios (MSI doesn't offer a direct download that I can see). The update went fine. So I'm now running v. 1.6

BUT, the setting for "Base Clock" in the "Cell" Menu can't be changed. It appears selectable (White text rather than grey). But hitting return when it's highlighted does nothing.

The manual states you need to disable D.O.T. Control (the automatic OC function) to manually set the clock speed. But, unlike the manual's picture of the Cell Menu, my Bios doesn't show the D.O.T. Control setting.

Any help would be appreciated.

Have you tried clearing the cmos after the bios update? Remove the cmos battery from the board for about 5-10 minutes. This should clear the cmos and hopefully clear the issue.

Back