• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Biostar P4M900-M4 Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BlueMax

Hey There!

New to OCForums, :bday:

Anyways, I just bought a P4M900-M4 motherboard for a old 2AGHz P4 I had lying around, decided to use it for a simple web browsing/ video watching build. I've noticed that some members ahve this board, maybe they'll be kind enough to shed some light?

So after reading about how the NB and SB overheat, I bought a 40mm fan to fasten to the NB, runs cool but I can't check the temperature because the sensors are dead. HWMonitor shows the right temps for the CPU, but none for the NB or SB. Weird reading (IT8718 = 127C?) shows up in SpeedFan and stays like that, never changes. Anyone else having this problem? Thanks!

Well I easily solved that by buying a heat sensor thermometer to put on the NB heatsink.

But I have one simple question. Should I put a heatsink on the southbridge if its getting to hot?

Back