• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8600m GT using Rivatuner - Set at 625 clock/Running at 675?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EKUzombIE

I've got a dell XPS m1530, running Windows XP (a miracle, I know) with a GeForce 8600m GT. Using Rivatuner, I've clocked the memory at 901mhz, and the Core at 625 mhz. (Played around with several other setting until I found something stable and that performed well.)

So, after a camping trip in the woods, and having my lappy shut off all weekend, I come back, and: Rivatuner shows the core ROP as running at 675mhz, and the memory at 900. I've got the core clock set at 625 mhz and the memory at 901. I've selected the option to apply the settings at startup, and I've restarted and come up with these settings before.

Any thoughts from anyone as to why, when I've got rivatuner set to run my core clock at 625mhz, it's currently running at 675mhz and a temperature I'm not comfortable with?

Thanks!

Back